intermediate architectural technologist / job captain
location: Calgary, AB
Riddell Kurczaba is offering a full time opportunity for a motivated individual who desires a progressive work environment that offers significant potential for personal and professional growth. Someone who is eager to be part of a talented team and who is client focused and excited to collaborate on projects.
- Has the ability to develop 70% of drawing requirement on own initiative and co-ordinates with senior staff and consultants on remainder of project requirements
- Works from sketches, notes and other input material to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings
- Proficiency in drawing; provide Revit and AutoCAD support in all areas of projects and for all levels of detailing
- Provides shop drawing review
- Attends meetings on site or with client as directed by the Project Manager
- Provide support and execute implementation of a project as directed
- Has the ability to co-ordinate, mentor and delegate work to junior staff
- Proven ability using and managing the current industry versions of Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer & Presentation software
- Competency with Alberta Building Code is essential
- Competency with City requirements for DP and BP submissions
- Solid understanding of project production cycles and construction detailing for variety of building systems and types
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to create clear well laid out drawings
- Strong organizational skills; especially in the management of drawing files and drawing lists
education and experience:
- Diploma or Degree from 2+ year technology program
- 5+ years working as an intermediate with Job Captain role experience on various projects in Canada
- Excellent Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD skills; 2 years Revit experience a must
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing and an excellent benefits plan. Throughout the year the company sponsors internal corporate events such as monthly social club and holiday celebrations.
We are dedicated to providing a positive, friendly and cooperative environment. Our work environment is the kind of place that values fun and hard work and gives people the freedom to CONNECT, CREATE, AND STAND OUT.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.