Intermediate Interior Designer
location: Calgary, AB
Riddell Kurczaba is offering an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who desires a progressive work environment that offers significant potential for personal and professional growth. Someone who is eager to be part of a talented team and who is client focused and excited to collaborate on projects. We have a full-time position available and we offer a competitive salary, profit sharing and an excellent benefits plan.
Has the ability to develop 70% of detailing and design development on own initiative and co-ordinates with senior staff, project administrative staff and sub-consultants on remainder of project requirements
Competency with Local Approving Authorities who have jurisdiction in the requirements for DP and BP submissions
- Proficiency in drawing; provide Revit and AutoCAD support in all areas of projects and for all levels of detailing
- Provides shop drawing reviews and construction administrative support under guidance
- Performs meetings on site or with client or sub-consultants as directed by the Senior Interior Designer or Project Manager
- Prepares space/furnishing plans, design details, and finish selections to support a concept
- Has the ability to co-ordinate and mentor junior staff and delegate work
Proven ability using and managing the current industry versions of Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer
Competency with Alberta Building Code is essential
- Strong organizational skills; especially in the management of drawing files and drawing lists
- Strong attention to detail; meticulous
- Ability to create aesthetically pleasing and useable drawings
- Strong written, verbal and communications skills
education and experience:
Diploma or Degree from 3+ year interior design or technology program
4 - 10 years post-graduation experience, works as either a Job Captain or an intermediate level support on various projects in Canada
- Excellent AutoCAD and Revit skills
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing and an excellent benefits plan. Throughout the year the company sponsors internal corporate events such as monthly social club and holiday celebrations.
We are dedicated to providing a positive, friendly and cooperative environment. Our work environment is the kind of place that values fun and hard work and gives people the freedom to CONNECT, CREATE, AND STAND OUT.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate the position and location you are applying for in the subject line. Only those who are being considered will be contacted.