Senior Interior Designer
location: Calgary, AB
Riddell Kurczaba is offering an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who desires a progressive work environment that offers significant potential for personal and professional growth. Someone who is eager to be part of a talented team and who is client focused and excited to collaborate on projects. We have a full-time position available and we offer a competitive salary, profit sharing and an excellent benefits plan.
Exceptional drafting and project management experience with the ability to maintain good quality control while working on a variety of projects
Competency with Local Approving Authorities who have jurisdiction in the requirements for DP and BP submissions
- Provides design development and direction from concept through to completion
- Provides ongoing review of drawing production and reports to management
- Primary contact for client and general contractor
- Performs meetings with client, engages sub-consultants and reviews and co-ordinates engineers (chairs meetings)
- Attends site meetings and provides site inspections
- Reviews billing of project internally and reviews sub-consultants' invoices
- Co-ordinates and reviews work of all design professionals and provides technical support to more junior staff
- Makes themselves available to provide necessary support to administration staff
Experience leading a project team and providing clear direction on responsibilities of the team members
Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to create clear well laid out drawings
- Solid understanding of project production cycles
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of project management
- Competency with Alberta Building Code is essential
- Proven ability using and managing the current industry versions of Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer
education and experience:
Diploma or Degree from 3+ year interior design program
10+ years post-graduation experience working in a senior managing level
- IDA Registered or AAA Licensed an asset
- NCIDQ & LEED accreditation an asset
- PM certificate an asset
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing and an excellent benefits plan. Throughout the year the company sponsors internal corporate events such as monthly social club and holiday celebrations.
We are dedicated to providing a positive, friendly and cooperative environment. Our work environment is the kind of place that values fun and hard work and gives people the freedom to CONNECT, CREATE, AND STAND OUT.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position and location you are applying for in the subject line. Only those who are being considered will be contacted.